Thursday, September 6, 2012

Vienna waits for you


Slow down you crazy child
You're so ambitious for a juvenile
But then if you're so smart tell me,
Why are you still so afraid?
Where's the fire, what's the hurry about?
You better cool it off before you burn it out
You got so much to do and only
So many hours in a day


Yesterday a friend of mine, a rather driven friend of mine, the kind who works hard the whole of her life, targeting goals and achieving them effortlessly, was talking to me. She was sounding, bewildered, puzzled. ‘Why ? Why did this happen ? What did I do wrong ? What should I have done instead ? People used me, exploited me. I worked hard, I really did. What’s really going on here ? What did I miss ?’ I felt sad. I know that there are really no answers there, none. And we all know it. We keep asking these questions, as if in a loop, and we don’t even pause for breath. We know that there are no answers.

After spending decades trying to get everything in shape, I know that sometimes it’s just too frustrating. There are no formulae, no equations, nothing that you can work in your mind and arrive at. No, sometimes you can’t even connect the dots. Its just too convoluted, and the connections between the dots start looking like the mad scribbling of a hyperactive preschooler


But you know that when the truth is told
That you can get what you want
Or you can just get old
You're gonna kick off before you even get halfway through
When will you realize... Vienna waits for you?


I wonder where is my Vienna ? Vienna – the metaphor for The place, the thing or the person that waits for me ? Waits for me to stop running around in mad circles, pause for breath and let go. And then walk straight into Vienna , which follows me around in my mad dash of life, waiting for me to just look at it and realize that nothing is worth it, it does not belong to me anyway, it belongs to no one. Its just an enticing, tempting, insane race for something that does not exist. Something that beckons, and when you feel that you have reached ‘there’, there is no ‘there’. The finish line has just been shifted a few feet away, yes, just a few steps more, keep going, and all it does is keep shifting away.

Slow down you're doing fine
You can't be everything you want to be before your time
Although it's so romantic on the borderline tonight
Too bad, but it's the life you lead
You're so ahead of yourself that you forgot what you need
Though you can see when you're wrong
You know you can't always see when you're right


Is it so bad if while running on this path, I drop some dreams on the way ? Is it so important to cry for them ? Can’t I just keep moving on, leaving them shattered on the way ? Can’t I just forget their memories, not because it hurts so much, but is it so bad to just live on happily without realizing them ?


You got your passion, you got your pride
But don't you know that only fools are satisfied?
Dream on, but don't imagine they'll all come
When will you realize... Vienna waits for you?
Slow down you crazy child
Take the phone off the hook and disappear for a while
It's alright, you can afford to lose a day or two
When will you realize... Vienna waits for you?


I know that our Vienna does wait for us, it fades out of our mind s a bit when we get older and start the mad race, but wait it does. Only, now it’s been so long, and I can’t seem to realize what is my Vienna, and where is it ? Maybe I shall shut down the mad cacophony of this world a bit, close my eyes and listen to the silences. Maybe, just maybe I may hear a faint flute note in the air, a note that has been forever, but I could never hear it. I wish to end the wait for Vienna finally.

And you know that when the truth is told
That you can get what you want or you can just get old
You're gonna kick off before you even get halfway through
Why don't you realize... Vienna waits for you?
When will you realize... Vienna waits for you?

5 comments:

  1. True there are no formulas, no equations. I actually don't know what is my Vienna. Am just living on life as it is coming, sometimes feeling happy and sometimes not. Don't know if its the right way, but i have no dreams, don't know what i am waiting for! May be i need to understand myself more :)

    These lines are really beautiful >> Maybe I shall shut down the mad cacophony of this world a bit, close my eyes and listen to the silences. Maybe, just maybe I may hear a faint flute note in the air, a note that has been forever, but I could never hear it. I wish to end the wait for Vienna finally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Venice Would have been Appropriate One..

    Anyway Venice or Vienna or Vahitahi What ever the Place... All You Got to have is Those Who care for You...for What You are.

    Nice Lines..."You can't be everything you want to be before your time"

    Thank You for Posting It and Sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oho ! Look who is here ! Jams ! Good to see you, my friend, after ages. :) Thanks for your words and presence :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I am being dragged in this mad circle of life. I know if I could just show a little courage I can get out of it and go chasing my Vienna. And I am wondering here, why can't I do it? It's becoming more and more frustrating day by day. May God grant me with some courage to leave this nonsense life and go for something meaningful.

    I was moved deeply reading your blog. That's just I was looking for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pruth , it takes a bit of realization and lots of courage . But its possible . A lot has changed in my life since I wrote this blog. I am still on the path of self discovery. All the best . And thanks a lot.

      Delete